Auto Sales is a specialized job in which a person sells vehicles and assists customers in deciding on a suitable vehicle. Such jobs usually need a person to work at a car lot or a showroom and undergo an on-the-job training exercise. Automobiles tend to evolve with time and technology therefore it is necessary for a candidate of an auto sales job to be active and open to learning.
Moreover, a customer friendly attitude is vital for the auto sales professional so that he/she can listen patiently to customers’ queries and suggestions. He/she also needs to be always updated of the latest marketing trends in the automobile business in order to successfully convince their customers.
|Please find link at bottom to Download Sample Auto Sales Resume in MS Word Format|
Job Description for Auto Sales Job:
Job description for Auto Sales Resume may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Approaches and assists new customers that enter the dealership lot; determines the requirements of the customer by listening and asking questions. Follows up with an existing base of customers for sale of cars; Performs walk-around with customer and demonstrates features of suitable automobiles; effectively closes automotive sales; understands the requirement of the client and giving them vehicle options to choose from. Ensures the customer understands the vehicle’s operating features, warranty and paperwork; Reports to the sales manager regarding objectives, reviews, analyses, and planned activities; Makes market reports and customer feedback reports for monthly, quarterly and annual review and analysis procedures. Attends training and sales meetings offered by the dealership and manufacturers; Reviews sales statistics and actions to determine how to better utilize time, plan more effectively, and improve sales; Meets assigned targets within the given period of time.
Tips for Writing Auto Sales Resume:
Following are some of the important tips for writing an Auto Sales Resume:
- Divide the resume into separate sections and subsections along with short paragraphs and bulleted points so that it can be easily readable.
- Include all necessary details, including full name, contact information, telephone numbers, permanent address, email address, and job objective.
- Write your major professional highlights as an auto sales professional after the Job Objective section as this gives an idea about quantifiable results of your work.
- Include Professional Experience section above the Academic Qualifications section as experience is very important for the auto sales job.
- If possible, try to describe your professional experience and related basic job responsibilities in bullets.
- Write all of your key skills that are relevant to the auto sales profession in Skills section.
Following things should be included in the Auto Sales Resume:
- Write a job objective in your resume that strikes a chord with the employer.
- Summarize your strengths and major qualifications in the top half of the first page in the Professional Achievements or Highlights section.
- Always highlight your achievements when writing a Professional Experience section.
- It is better to give a bulleted list of your major accomplishments under each employer. Always show quantifiable results of your work in this section.
- Add your major academic qualifications in your resume that are particularly related to auto sales and marketing.
- Add a list of your major auto sales and marketing skills in your resume that can provide benefit to the employer.
- Do include the professional affiliations, and professional training and seminars that you have related to your profession, if any.
Following things need to be avoided in Auto Sales Resume:
- Don’t add too many responsibilities and achievements in your resume as they will only de-emphasize the main points.
- Don’t include a long list of skills because it will be viewed with skepticism.
- Don’t misrepresent information in any condition.
- Don’t include extraneous personal information like your hobbies, health, social security number, age, height, weight, religion, citizenship, race, marital status, or names of wife and kids.
- Don’t add photos in your resume.
- Don’t include research papers, dissertations, or lists of publications.
- Don’t make your resume too lengthy, as the proper length of the resume should be from one to three pages.
Actions words are used to write the resume in a professional manner. They can be used in the Professional Accomplishments and Professional Experience sections. Some of the most commonly used action words in the Auto Sales Resume are as follows:
Analyzed, Assisted, Attended, Collaborated, Communicated, Conceived, Coordinated, Dealt, Demonstrated, Developed, Directed, Engaged, Experienced, Explained, Guided, Hired, Implemented, Informed, Kept, Launched, Learned, Managed, Oversaw, Performed, Produced, Provided, Resolved, Scheduled, Sold, Solved, Supervised, Trained, Understood.
One of the most important parts of a recruitment process is interview, which significantly affects the selection or rejection of a job candidate. Therefore, once the candidate receives the interview call, he / she should be well prepared for the interview.
Following are some important interview tips that need to be followed when interviewing for the auto sales related post.
- It is always good to make a list of common interview questions related to Auto Sales job and answers, or you can answer them by yourself.
- Determine auto sales and marketing trends, which are currently happening in your industry and how to face or solve them.
- Recognize attributes, traits or abilities for auto sales professional, which are related to this job and how to get them.
- While interviewing, always maintain a professional behavior and do not discuss personal issues and problems.
- Always close the interview by expressing thanks and appreciation for their time.
Download Sample Auto Sales Resume in MS Word Format